1) I found a face on the side of a hill.
2) It had slidden down.
3) Slithered down.
4) Crawled down on its hands and knees.
5) And lighted in the dirt.
6) When I bent down to pick it up it spoke to me in riddles.
7) And dirges.
8) Of mountains and toppled gods.
9) He said, “I’d been one of them so many years ago, up on my high, high horse,
10) up on that high, high hill.
11) And my hubris brought me down to where you see me now.”
12) “That’s awful, I replied.”
13) “Don’t chide Eros,” he offered.
14) Then he died.